Traveling within the Australian borders is consistently the most pleasant air travel I have ever experienced. It looks like this:
- Check in online at home 24 hours before flight.
- Roll up to the airport approximately 1 hour before scheduled flight departure.
- If you are checking a bag, do it yourself through self bag check kiosks.
- If you are carrying on, make your way through security. This past week, while traveling to Adelaide, security took three of us maybe 5 minutes.
- Proceed to gate, maybe use the loo or get a snack.
- Board plane where your boarding card is scanned for the first and only time.
No identity checks, no dramas, you can bring a water bottle containing water with you – because liquids are allowed. I am going to miss this. Civility, respect, kindness from a community who looks out for one another and follows the rules. This is why we are afforded such travel ease.
3 thoughts on “Domestic Travel – Australia”
I thought I was the only one who followed the rules. Your country sounds great.
That sounds like a breath of fresh air!
NICE!!! Wow water bottle with you – amazing how incredible that sounds! Glad you had a great trip xxoxoxo